2012/13 Teaching Timetable
Timetables remain subject to occasional changes
and so students are advised to check their timetable from time to time
Timetables are usually accessed via Blackboard Learn (Brunel's Virtual Learning Environment)
but are currently also available directly from here
Guidance notes, including the University's timetable policy, are available via links on the right.
The principles for timetabling at Brunel are:
- The main teaching for taught undergraduate and postgraduate students is between Weeks 1-35, which includes the examination period
- The classes are normally scheduled Monday to Friday and between the hours of 08:00 to 20:00 (‘core teaching hours’)
- University teaching staff are expected to be available to teach within the core teaching hours, unless they have specific contractual arrangements, have specific written agreement authorised by their Head of School or approved in line with University policy
- Full-time students are expected to be available for teaching at any time within the core teaching hours except where specific exceptions are recognised by the University
- Where possible, full-time students have one day without teaching, with priority for level 3 and level 5 students
- Where possible part-time student timetables are scheduled into one or two days only, although the actual days may vary between academic years
- The University will strive to ensure all have equal access and opportunity, but there will be occasions where arrangements cannot be made because of operational difficulties.
- Once published, please check your timetable regularly for any changes