The Brunel MBA recruits managers and other professionals of high calibre who can both benefit from and contribute to an intellectually challenging management development programme.
Applicants should normally:
- Have a 2.1 (or above) UK Honours degree or international equivalent.
- Have a minimum of three years' full time work experience at managerial or professional level in managing people, budget or other resources following a degree It is important for candidates to clarify that they have significant / focused sector experience with responsibility for people, budget or other resources which is supportable by official documentary evidence.
As an example, the list of acceptable job roles and sectors are considered (other managerial positions may be considered on an individual basis and may be subject to interview):
- IT-based experience: software engineers, analyst/programmers, business analysts, developers.
- Any type of programme / project management / advisory role or responsibility.
- Any type of senior administrative or public sector role: this may include team leads, supervisors, directors and equivalent in a range of organisations (from councils, through to charities and NGOs, or even SMEs).
- Professionally qualified individuals: healthcare professionals (includes medics, clinicians, GPs, dentists, psychiatrists, nurses), aviation professionals (pilots, air crew, ground handling managers and supervisors, catering managers, suppliers, procurement professionals, cargo managers), engineers (civil engineers, mechanical engineers, electrical engineers, aeronautical engineers - all at either chartered or practicing status), local government or public body workers, candidates who hold other professional body qualifications (e.g. any of the chartered institutes or overseas equivalents), military personnel (at NCO or CO level).
- Significant / focused sector experience: always look to see if there is a "trend" of working in a particular sector - has the individual moved within companies in the field, or has been working towards increasingly specialisation for example.
If academic criteria have not been satisfactorily met we may consider:
- If 2.2 and 5 or more years of required managerial or professional level work experience in managing people, budget or other resources - GMAT score of 550 or Brunel MBA Admissions Test essay followed by a telephonic interview.
- If more than 10 years of required managerial or professional level work experience in managing people, budget or other resources - Brunel MBA Admissions Test essay followed by a telephonic interview.
- If 2.2 and less than 5 years of required managerial or professional level work experience in managing people, budget or other resources - LIBT pre-masters qualification.
English Language Requirements:
- IELTS: 6.5 (min 6 in all areas).
- TOEFL Paper test: 580 (TWE 4.5).
- TOEFL Internet test: 92 (R20, L20, S20, W20).
- Pearson: 58 (51 in all subscores).
- BrunELT 65% (min 60% in all areas).