The Brunel MBA recruits managers and other professionals of high calibre who can both benefit from and contribute to an intellectually challenging management development programme.
Applicants should normally:
- Have a minimum of three years’ full time work experience at managerial or professional level following your degree
- Have a good UK honours degree or its overseas equivalent
It is important for candidates to clarify that they have significant / focused sector experience with responsibility for either people, resources and/or budget which is supportable by official documentary evidence.
The list of roles and sectors we are likely to consider as suitable includes:
- IT-based experience: software engineers, analyst/programmers, business analysts, developers
- any type of programme / project management / advisory role or responsibility
- any type of senior administrative or public sector role: this may include team leaders, supervisors, directors and equivalent in a range of organisations (from councils, through to charities and NGOs, or even SMEs)
- professionally qualified individuals: healthcare professionals (includes medics, clinicians, GPs, dentists, psychiatrists, nurses), aviation professionals (pilots, air crew, ground handling managers and supervisors, catering managers, suppliers, procurement professionals, cargo managers), engineers (civil engineers, mechanical engineers, electrical engineers, aeronautical engineers - all at either chartered or practicing status), local government or public body workers, candidates who hold other professional body qualifications (e.g. any of the chartered institutes or overseas equivalents), military personnel (at NCO or CO level)
If academic criteria have not been satisfactorily met we may consider:
- GMAT score of 550 – if 2.2 or less or not honours; mature candidates and experienced professionals with many years of work experience where academic qualifications are not very strong
- LIBT pre-masters qualification – if 2.2 or less or not honours; candidates who graduated recently and are less experienced (5 or less years of work exp); where academic qualifications are from recognised institutions but at a lower level (and who may also require improvement of English proficiency skills)
- Brunel MBA Admissions Test - in the form of two questions, which are close to the form and style of content experienced (in part) on the Brunel MBA level, followed by a telephonic interview.
Applicants whose first language is not English should hold one of the following certificates:
- IELTS: Level 6.5 (with a minimum of 6.0 in all the sub-tests is required)
- TOEFL (Internet Based) 92, minimum of 20 in any section;
- TOEFL (Paper Based) 580 plus TWE 4.5
- BrunELT 65% (at least 60% in all sections)
- More information about Brunel's English Language Requirements.
Full details of Brunel's own English Language Test, the BrunELT.
We reserve the right to request a GMAT test from applicants who do not meet our academic entry criteria, in such cases we would ask for a GMAT score of at least 550. We also reserve the right to interview candidates either in person or other the phone.
We also welcome applications from disabled students and those with Specific Learning Difficulties and take only academic criteria into account when offering places. Please refer to the Information for Disabled Students.