How to Apply
Apply now for 2017/18
When completing your application, you will be asked to submit:
- Online application form
- Two references - one from the current employer and one from an academic
- Academic transcripts - photocopies or as scanned documents; with originals required on registration.
- Proof of a sufficiently high level of competence in English Language. Click here for details.
- A detailed personal statement (see below)
A Curriculum Vitae (see note below)
Your personal statement should explain why you are interested in studying for an MBA and why you consider yourself to be a suitable candidate. In particular, your personal statement should detail:
- Your current position, the name of your employer and your current annual salary (converted into Pounds Sterling as necessary)
- Your responsibilities in your current or most relevant managerial position - ie the functions and/or the processes for which you are/were personally accountable. Please include details of any budgetary responsibilities, the job title of the person you report to and the job titles of any direct reports.
- Examples of instances in your career where you have made significant personal contributions to senior management decision-making within your organisation
You should also describe a business or professional dilemma that you have faced and your rationale for, and evaluation of your decision. Please give an honest appraisal of your strengths and weaknesses as a manager and indicate what you consider to be the most significant single event in your life, explaining why it was significant to you and what you gained from it. You should also outline your career objectives and how an MBA will help you achieve them.
It would also be helpful to receive a copy of your CV. However, a CV will not be accepted as a substitute for an online application and full personal statement.
Submitting Your Application
Please submit your application online.
You do not have to complete your application all in one go, you can save as you go along and then return to your application later (but don't forget to press 'SAVE' before logging out of your application). Do please remember to press 'SUBMIT' when you have filled in all your details and you are ready to send us your application.
Uploading or forwarding supporting documents
When you submit your online application, you can upload copies of supporting documents, either as Word documents or as Acrobat documents. However, should you need to forward any supporting documents such as references (originals should be on institution letterhead) or English language test results (copies accepted) after you have submitted your online application, please email them to firstname.lastname@example.org or post them to one of the following addresses, quoting your name, the Brunel MBA as your course of interest and your online application number: Brunel Admissions, 213 Bannerman Centre, Brunel University London, Uxbridge UB8 3PH, UK
Processing your application
On receipt of your completed application form, we will aim to contact you within two weeks to advise if you have been selected for a telephone interview or an interview at the University. If your application is successful, a conditional or unconditional offer of a place on The Brunel MBA will be made. It is important that you meet any conditions of your offer as soon as possible.
Checking the status of your application
Once you have submitted your application, you can check the status by using Brunel's My Application facility.
- Click here for details of 'My Application'