How to Apply
Below are details of the documents you will need to send us when making a PhD application:
- A completed application form – Brunel now prefers wherever possible that applicants apply online.
Research Programmes - Online Applications
- Transcripts and Certificates (translated and verified in English where necessary) in respect of every degree that you hold (to be considered, you are required to hold at least a bachelor's degree at 2:1 or above (or the international equivalent) as well as usually a master's degree in the relevant subject area (international applicants are advised to check against NARIC before applying www.naric.org.uk/ )
- 1500 Word Research Proposal
- Two reference letters (one must be academic) – these must be on headed paper and signed.
- Statement of Purpose (why do you wish to do a PhD – how does it fit with your career plans, what has prompted your application, etc)
- A copy of your curriculum vitae.
- Sponsor Details if applicable
- Proof of English (IELTS, TOFEL, Related English Tests/Qualifications) if you are EU or International see www.brunel.ac.uk/international/languagerequirements for details of accepted certificates. Please note that in order for your application to be considered, you will need to have already met Brunel Business School's English Language requirements when you submit your application. Should a candidate submit an application without having already satisfied the English Language requirement, the application will automatically be declined.
- Any other relevant information that may support your application(i.e. professional qualifications) – please visit www.brunel.ac.uk/courses/postgraduate-study/research-degrees-at-brunel/research-programmes-online-applications
We are happy for you to upload scanned copies of degree certificates/professional qualifications/English Language proficiency certificates when you submit your application, but original documents will be required to be seen before you can be fully enrolled.
If you have any questions about our PhD courses please contact: