Join our mailing list
22 Nov 2017, 09:00 - 15:00
BLOOMS 19-23 Featherstone Street,London EC1Y 8SL
Under the funded Co-Innovate programme we are offering London based SMEs, Start-Ups and Entrepreneurs the opportunity to attend these sessions for free. You will need to complete at least two of the four offered courses (you can mix and match according to interest area/business focus) and register with our Co-Innovate programme.
Check if you are eligible:
• You are a Small to Medium Enterprise / start-up / early stage entrepreneur.
• You are trading from a London borough
[This workshop is part of a series of two]
Part 1: Are you investment ready?
Wednesday 22nd November, 9am to 3pm
By course leaders Jess & Nat
• Who is the course for? The course is for first-time founders who are experiencing these 4 problems:
• They know they need to raise investment for their early stage business with high growth potential, but they don’t know where to start. This course focuses on giving them the key actions and a practical guide to get ready.
• They don’t know what investors are looking for and how they’re going to assess their opportunity. We do know. Throughout the course we will share our first-hand knowledge from the investors and startups’ perspectives.
• As founders they are very time poor. We have developed this on-demand and straight to the point guide to get them where they need to be, fast.
• They lack confidence because they don’t know the jargon used in the startup and investment world. They are approaching sophisticated / professional investors who require a certain level of formality and good standing when investing funds. We will get their confidence up by simplifying this jargon into meaningful language and give them the tools they need, allowing them to pitch and to handle investor meetings with conviction.
About the course leaders:
I manage a portfolio of investments of around 25 startups in the field of cleantech, social impact, healthtech, edtech, B2B and B2C software. I have worked directly with the portfolio startups as an advisor, board observer, and on a project basis - for example in investment readiness and fundraising, branding exercises, business planning and strategy. I also mentor entrepreneurs outside of the Synergy portfolio, with Entrepreneurial Spark, Bethnal Green Ventures, Hatch Enterprise, Google Launchpad and other similar organisations. I am particularly passionate about advising women founders on breaking into the early stage investment ecosystem. My co-founder and I have just launched Five Years Time. Our purpose is to support busy and ambitious Founders get investment ready. From pitch deck to approaching investors - we've got the tools, templates and know-how to get them there on point.
I am an expert project management and operational support for small and medium-sized businesses. With over 10 years’ combined experience in project management, finance, resourcing and supply chain for global technology companies such as Cisco Systems as well as innovative startups and social enterprises. My purpose is to work with Founders, Entrepreneurs and busy teams to overcome demands on resources through focused business support, planning and removing unnecessary complexities. Helping teams to free up time, focus effectively and manage core business.