Brunel has been awarded an EPSRC Impact Acceleration Account (IAA) for 2017-2020, the aims of which are to:
As part of this initiative, a range of activities will be delivered to:
- Accelerate the impact of EPSRC funded research targeted at the automotive, transport, energy, sustainability and digital sectors
- Deliver greater collaboration with companies operating across these sectors
- Help to bridge the gap between the lab and the marketplace
- Support more effective engagement with industry
IAA funding available to support SMEs includes:
Industry secondments - to enable company secondees to spend short periods of time (2 weeks to 2 months) at Brunel to:
- Understand the facilities, expertise and knowledge base within the University
- Discuss and formulate potential future research collaborations.
Partnership Development Awards - to pump prime projects co-created with industry partners, with the aim of developing a sustainable long-term partnership.
If you are a member of Brunel staff and you wish to find out more about funding and applications please click here.
If you an external business and want more information on the opportunities available for the Impact Acceleration Account please get in touch by clicking here.