Welcome to Creative writing
English & Creative Writing at Brunel ranked 6th in UK -
Guardian League Tables, June 2014
The Leading Writers of Today Teaching The Creative Leaders of Tomorrow
You are the future: writers, publishers, editors, advertisers, journalists, teachers, researchers, publicists, performers, literary agents, arts entrepreneurs and arts managers, television and radio broadcasters, media producers and new media whizz kids.
We are some of Britain’s most celebrated, talented, original, exciting, and experienced writers actively publishing in the industry today.
- published over eighty powerfully diverse and wide-ranging books between us including fantasy, thriller, historical, horror, crime, comedy, political, cross-cultural, high literary, alternate universe, feminist, experimental, verse fiction, biography, short stories, children’s literature, poetry and performance poetry had scripts produced for television, film, theatre and BBC radio
- written for all the national newspapers such as the Times, Guardian and Independent
- received rave reviews, honours, nominations and awards
- edited books and magazines, toured the world, been translated into many languages and are active in Britain’s highest literary circles
- judged prizes and sat on Britain’s national arts and writing committees
- been published by the biggest publishers: Penguin, Faber, Bloomsbury…
- appeared frequently on television and radio as presenters and pundits
We welcome applications to undergraduate, postgraduate and research degrees.
To us, writing is a gift, a profession and, above all, a joy. Whether you intend to establish a career in writing or are simply thinking of spending some of your time at university exploring your abilities, we offer an unrivalled body of experience.