How to Apply for Undergraduate Courses

This section outlines how to make an application to study an undergraduate course at Brunel and includes useful information to help you to do this.

Applying for full-time degree courses

For September entry, all applications must be made through the Universities and Colleges Admissions Service (UCAS) for all full-time and sandwich (placement year option) first degree courses (including those with foundation years). Courses in the UCAS scheme are listed on the UCAS website.

When to apply

UCAS will normally start accepting applications from 1 September for entry in autumn the following year. The normal closing date for the receipt of on-time applications for both Home/EU and International applicants is 15 January.

UCAS accepts that some applicants, especially from outside the UK, may find this difficult. Late applications are accepted by UCAS until 30th June (applications after this date automatically go into Clearing) but are considered at Brunel’s discretion once all on-time applications have been considered.

How to apply 

You can apply for September entry through UCAS.

Further information:

Tel: +44 (0)870 1122211
Contact information

You may apply to up to five choices of institution/course on the UCAS form. You should not feel obliged to use all five choices if you do not need to. Your choices can be formed in any way from the courses listed in the UCAS Directory or website, and you may, for example, mix both degree and non-degree courses if appropriate.

If you wish to apply for more than one course at Brunel, you will normally have to make a separate entry for each choice.

There is no facility for you to express an order of preference, and all your applications will be treated equally. Take care to enter the details of the institution and courses clearly and correctly on the application form.

As well as personal and course details you will need to write a personal statement that explains why you want to do the courses you have applied for. See our Top Tips for your Personal Statement page.

The institution code for the University is B84 BRUNL.

If you are an International applicant applying through one of our registered agents you may be applying to us directly through our online agent facility. Please note we can only consider direct online applications through agents if you have not applied through UCAS and will not apply through UCAS for this year entry. To find a Brunel University London registered agents in your country please check our specific country pages.

Applying for part-time degree courses

Some courses are available by part-time study. Applications will need to be made online directly to Brunel. To apply online for a part-time course please locate the course web page you are looking to apply to, using the our course finder and then navigate to the ‘Apply Part-Time’ link on the right hand side of the course page.

Applying for Erasmus courses

For information on our Erasmus courses and how to apply if you wish to spend time at Brunel University as part of Erasmus from your home university please read our Erasmus webpages.

Applicants employed in industry

If you are employed in industry, and hope to be sponsored by your employer to study on a course listed on the UCAS website, you must apply through UCAS in the normal way. If however you wish to apply to Brunel only, you or your employer may want to contact us direct in the first instance before submitting your UCAS form.

Applying for second year entry

If you are interested in applying for direct entry into the second year of a course, please contact us directly to discuss whether it will be possible and your specific requirements if applicable. Typically, applicants will be required to meet the first year entry criteria.

Please note that the following courses do not accept second year entry for the 2015 academic year:

  • Occupational Therapy
  • Physiotherapy

Mature students

We welcome applications from mature students. For more information please visit the Mature Students page.

Students with disabilities

The University welcomes applications from disabled people and those with specific learning difficulties. It is helpful to us if, when completing your UCAS form, you disclose information about your disability in order that we can discuss and plan with you the appropriate support, safety and facilities you may require. We can also discuss any safety issues – particularly those associated with laboratory-based activities – should you come to the University.

For more information, please see Disability and Dyslexia Service.

Page last updated: Friday 13 March 2015