Postgraduate Open Days
Wednesday 28 May 2014, 4.30pm - 7.30pm
Brunel Postgraduate Open Evening is an excellent opportunity for you to see our postgraduate facilities for yourself, meet our staff and talk to current postgraduate students about their work and life at Brunel University, London.
At the postgraduate open evening you will have the opportunity to:
- meet academic staff;
- find out more about the programmes and research areas that interest you;
- listen to informative postgraduate talks;
- take a campus tour;
- enjoy some refreshments.
Whether you are interested in a taught course or research, come along to Brunel's postgraduate open evening to find out more.
Brunel's postgraduate open evening and events are organised by the Graduate School
At the open evening you may apply to a postgraduate taught programme that interests you - our admissions staff will be on hand to guide you. If you would like to see whether we can offer you a place at the postgraduate open evening please read carefully the requirements below.
- Brunel's Admissions staff can make a provisional offer if you are applying with standard qualifications on courses which do not require interview - subject to meeting the entry requirements.
- We will need your qualification information, at least one reference and a personal statement.
- If you then meet the requirements we will give you a provisional offer (a letter subject to a two week expiry date for you to fully apply through our online application system and upload the relevant documents including the offer letter).
Please bring the following to the open evening
- Past qualifications
- Personal Statement
- Passport (if possible but not absolute necessary)
- Details of the course you would like to apply for
Please note we cannot:
- make offers on the spot for courses that require interview or further assessment (like sample of writing / portfolio)
- make offers on the spot to applicants with unusual qualifications
- take applications - you will need to apply through our online application system.
Brunel University has a thriving multi-cultural postgraduate student population, following a wide range of taught Master's and research degree programmes with a variety of modes of study. Whichever subject area, mode or level of postgraduate programme you follow, you will find that Brunel is a friendly, dynamic and stimulating place to study.
Brunel offers over a hundred taught programmes at Master's level; many of these programmes are career-oriented, developing specialist skills in high demand disciplines and drawing on research-expertise in their home academic schools. Others are research-oriented and are tightly bound into the Schools' research groups. Research degree programmes at both doctoral and Master's levels are provided by all academic Schools, many in grade 5 RAE-rated subject areas.
The University is easily accessible by public transport and this is the recommended mode of transport. For help in planning your journey visit Transport For London.
A limited number of parking permits will be available on a first come, first served basis on the Open Day. Please note that once these permits have been allocated you will need to follow signs to the Pay & Display parking bays indicated by the light blue parking symbol on the Campus Map. Pay & Display parking is charged at 50p per hour.
There are many places to eat on campus, including:
- The Social Kitchen - serving a wide range of hot and cold meals
- Costa Coffee
- BeActive (in the sports centre)
- Costcutter University Shop - serving drinks and snacks
- Or you are welcome to bring your own.