Fees for taught courses
Fees are found on course pages, which include the home/EU and overseas fees for each programme and for each mode of attendance (full-time, part-time, distance-learning or associate).
- Full-time – fee applies for one year. Where programme regulations allow students to complete the course over a longer period, an extension fee will apply in subsequent years.
- Part-time (where applicable) – tuition fees are usually half of the corresponding full-time fees, and they apply in each of the first two years of study. Where a part-time course is set up to run for more than two years, any subsequent period will not be charged. In all cases, an extension fee will apply to any period of study (including dissertation submission) beyond the normal course end date.
- Distance-learning (where applicable) – fee applies for the whole course, or per module. Where fees are paid by module, it is assumed that four modules will be taken each year unless the student notifies the Programme Administrator otherwise. Module fees are subject to an annual increase.
- Associate – fee is per module. Students who wish to be considered for an award for their studies must register on a full programme.
Fees for research programmes
For further information about additional fees, please see Student Financial Policy
Please note that these fees are reviewed on an annual basis.
- Re-registration fee: £220
- Replacement transcript fee: £25
- Replacement certificate fee: £60
- Continuation fees: Postgraduate research – £200
- Examination fees for research students: Higher Doctorates – £1,000
- Resubmission fees (for postgraduate taught dissertation): £300
Fees are due at the time of registration and there is no entitlement to any reduction or refund if a student withdraws during the year. The university may exceptionally allow reductions to self-supporting students. Please note that once you enrol, you become liable for fees, even if you subsequently withdraw. Please see Student Financial Policy for full details.
Fee deposits and discounts
- International deposit: £3,000 refundable only on the grounds of non-issuance of a visa
- Home/EU deposit: £300 normally non-refundable
Details of discounts for Brunel University London graduates are given in Student Financial Policy.
Please note that only one discount can be applied at any one time.