rand new campus facilities
Striking 1960s architecture sits alongside outstanding modern designs, offset by gardens and interconnecting pathways. The Schools of Health Sciences and Social Care, Engineering and Design and Business have all benefited from the addition of new, multi-million pound buildings. In addition, the Lecture Centre has undergone an extensive renovation, with high-tech teaching equipment and improved social and study facilities. Facilities on campus include:
- UEFA-class football facilities, competition-standard athletics complex and refurbished sports and fitness centre;
- Extended library building, holding a hugely increased book and journal collection, more computer workstations and group study areas, an Assistive Technology Centre for disabled students, and a café;
- 34 halls of residence, including a new residential complex that brings our on-campus accommodation up to 4,549 rooms;
- New Health Sciences and Social Care building, opened by Her Majesty the Queen;
- Spectacular new Engineering and Design annex and atrium, including an impressive exhibition space;
- Student facilities complex with a stunning atrium entrance opening onto a dining space, bars, the Students’ Union and retail outlets.
esearch quality and academic excellence
- Research is at the heart of everything Brunel does, underpinning and enhancing the teaching of our degree programmes
- The 2008 RAE ranked 82% of our research as being of international standing
- We were awarded a 54.5% increase in our Governmental research funding - compared to a national average of 7.8%
Unrivalled support for international students
- The University has a range of support services for international students throughout their time at Brunel and beyond, with over 40 staff including specialists who deal with the admissions process, finance, immigration (including a visa renewal scheme), general enquiries and much more.
- Brunel International is a key contact point for all international students, with over 30 members of staff in various departments.
- A personal tutor network, where you will have one of your lecturers acting as your first point of contact for any academic or personal issues throughout your time at university.
- Academic support is offered in-sessional through workshops on topics like essay writing and presentation giving, and through one to one tutorials with academics to discuss essays and projects, as well as through online resources.
- Brunel runs a popular free 3 day orientation programme for international students - last year 95% of students said they would recommend the course to future students.
- Student services runs regular events, trips and workshops for students, as well as sending out a weekly events newsletter during term time and updates through Facebook.
- The Medical Centre on campus has a staff of doctors and health professionals, and there is also a pharmacy on campus.
- The Student Union runs the advice and representation centre (ARC) which offers a wide range of general advice to all students, and the university has its own counselling service as well.
- We have a family club for the partners and children of international students, helping them to make friends and to feel included in life on campus.
- The Student Union runs over 100 sports clubs and societies for students to join
- Brunel International runs regular events on campus and through partner organisations in the local area
- We have an ever growing alumni society with student members from dozens of countries.
ow see what our students say
mployability is key
- Brunel is committed to producing the professionally minded and skilled graduates that employers want.
- Many of our courses include an extra year of work experience with relevant companies, which help give graduates desirable practical experience.
- Our award winning Placement and Careers Centre (PCC) has over 30 staff, including a dedicated International Students Careers Officer.
- Brunel also hold an annual international Careers Fair attended by leading companies, along with regular employment related workshops for international students.
- The Job shop offers a wide range of local part time and holiday work that fits around students’ studies.
- Brunel's modern campus is a single secure area in west London that offers a perfect location for exploring the capital and further afield.
- The campus has seen £300 million of development in the last few years.
- There are over 4,500 rooms on campus, over 90% of which are en suite; all rooms have internet access and we also have rooms for couples.
- First year Undergraduate and Postgraduate students are guaranteed a room on campus.
- The University is only a 15 minute drive from Heathrow International Airport and is directly connected via local bus routes, making it easy to visit home.
- The campus offers a full range of facilities, including a 24-hour library and computer rooms (term time) shops, food outlets. (serving Halal and vegetarian food) prayer rooms and nightlife.
- Excellent public transport links and the nearby town of Uxbridge offers a good range of shops without the London crowds.
- Brunel has a vibrant community of over 15,000 students from over 110 different countries.
- The annual One World Week is a celebration of our multicultural campus, Brunel's campus has featured in lots of iconic UK films and television series from 'A Clockwork Orange' to 'Spooks'.