Am I financially Sponsored?

If your tuition fees and living costs are being paid by:

  • The British Government
  • Your Home Government
  • The British Council
  • An International organisation, or company
  • A University
  • An Independent school

Then you may qualify as a sponsored student. You must provide us with a signed letter on headed paper addressed to Brunel University confirming the amount covered and the conditions of your scholarship. For a Tier 4 visa application, you will also need a letter (for the UKBA) which meets all the requirements as staed in the Tier 4 Policy Guidance. If your sponsor is only partly covering your costs (for example they are only paying your tuition fees, or you have been awarded a partial scholarship) then you must still show that you have enough money to cover the remainder of your tuition fees and maintenance requirement. Students who are classed as being financially sponsored are not eligible for the 2% prompt payment discount.

If your tuition fees and/or living costs are being paid by:

  • Yourself
  • Your parents, relatives or guardians
  • a local or national company or organisation
  • any other source such as tuition fee loans

Then you do not qualify as a sponsored student. You are classed as a self funding student. When applying for a student visa you must show evidence that you have enough money to cover your tuition fees and maintenance requirement.


Financial Aid Information for US Students
Applicants from the USA can access a range of federal loans from the US Department of Education to study at Brunel. Detailed and up-to-date information can be found on our website. If you should have any questions, please feel free to contact our Finance Office:  

Page last updated: Friday 02 May 2014