Arriving in the UK

Documents required when entering the UK

If you are arriving from outside the UK to study here at Brunel University London, there are some documents you must ensure to carry on you. You should carry all of these with you in your hand luggage. You may be required to show some or all of these documents to a Border Force Officer upon arrival to the UK at the airport:

  • Passport
  • Visa
  • A copy of your Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies (CAS) - you should print the email that we send you
  • A copy of your offer letter for your course
  • Details about your accommodation if this has been arranged (for example, your tenancy agreement)

You may be asked some simple questions about your studies and your stay in the UK by the Border Force Officer. Do not be alarmed if this happens. You only need to answer the questions honestly. Your documents will also help confirm the reason why you are entering the UK to study with us.

There are some things that you should not bring to the UK. For example, you cannot bring meat or dairy products from outside of the European Union (EU). We also do not recommend that you carry very large amounts of cash with you. For further advice about entering the UK as a student, please visit the UKVI website.

Getting to Brunel University London

Many of our international students arrive at Heathrow Airport, which is the UK's largest airport. Fortunately, this is also the closest airport to Brunel University. It is less than five miles away. There are many buses that can take you to the University or it is a short taxi journey. Please visit our website for further details of how to get here. This includes details of how to travel to Brunel University from other destinations.

In September, we also offer a free Airport Welcome Service and an orientation programme. Please visit our website for information about this.

Page last updated: Thursday 17 August 2017