Registering with an Existing Visa

If you already have a visa which is not a Tier 4 (General) student visa and:
  • Was issued prior to the introduction of the Points Based system (PBS), or;
  •  A visa which is in a category outside the PBS (such as a spouse visa, diplomatic visa etc), or;
  •  A visa issued for another category of the PBS (such as Tier 1, Tier 2, Tier 5 or a PBS Dependant);

Then you may not need a Tier 4 (General) student visa to study at Brunel University London.

If you wish to enrol on a non-Tier 4 visa, you should contact the Compliance Team as soon as possible to confirm that your visa is suitable for registration at the University.

You will not be allowed to register with a visa that does not permit full-time study in the UK. Your visa should cover the duration of your course. If not, you may still be allowed to register. However, you need to be aware that your continued enrolment may depend on you being able to extend this visa or successfully switch into another immigration category. You will be asked to sign a disclaimer at registration to make sure that you are aware of this if this applies to you.

If you already have a Tier 4 (General) student visa that was issued for another sponsor, or which does not cover the whole duration on your course at Brunel University London, you will need to apply for a new Tier 4 (General) student visa using a CAS we have issued. Please also note that you will need to apply for a new Tier 4 (General) student visa if you move between courses at Brunel University London (for example, if you complete an undergraduate degree and then want to study a postgraduate degree)

If you are in any doubt about the suitability of your visa, please contact the Compliance Team

Page last updated: Thursday 19 January 2017