Why should you rent your off-campus property through Brunel Student Lettings?
- The University is your landlord - you will deal with Brunel Student Lettings throughout your stay for queries on repairs, rents, viewings etc
- Low deposit of £350 per person
- Rental instalments are aligned with your Student Loan payments
- No additional fees are charged eg reference fees, inventory etc
- Out of hours support is provided by the 24 hour campus Security Office
- Continued support - the team will be available to you for your complete student home experience. You will have access to our friendly team from viewings through to vacating your property at the end of your contract.
Search for available properties
We advertise flats and houses within easy reach of the campus (Uxbridge, Cowley, Yiewsley, West Drayton and Hillingdon) to groups of between three and seven friends, all of whom must be students. To be eligiable you need to be a full-time student (including students on placement).
The contract will usually be between 52 and 39 weeks, depending on the property and the start date. All contracts will normally start in June, unless the property has come on the market a little later in the year.
Rent is paid to the University in four instalments, as you would if you were living in halls.
The size of the property and amount of communal space varies from house to house. We request that all bedrooms contain a bed, wardrobe, chest of drawers, desk and chair. Some landlords will also supply shelves or bookcases.
In communal areas, enough seating for the number of occupiers should be provided, and if space permits, there may be a dining table and chairs. All properties must have a fridge/freezer (or separate fridge and freezer), an oven and a hob.
Please note not all properties have locks on bedroom doors.
Conditions of Application
We don't ask for references or guarantors but do check behaviour and financial records within the University. If any individual in the group has outstanding debts to the University the application will be rejected.
Viewings of available properties will be offered from January each year.
You will be asked to appoint a lead tenant for your group. They will be responsible for making sure all members of your group view the property and later, should you take a property, be responsible for ensuring utility bills are set up and arranging repairs, maintenance and inspection visits.
Once you have viewed a property you will need to let us know by 10am the next morning if you're interested in taking it. If we've not heard from you by this time we will offer viewings to other interested groups.
Once you have agreed to take the property, a non-returnable booking fee of £350 per person will be payable immediately (this will automatically become your damage and cleaning deposit once you have taken up occupancy). If you decline the property you may request a viewing of another suitable property.
Useful information before applying
- Please view currently available properties and enquire within application to arrange an appointment to view suitable properties. You will be able to submit more viewing requests if submitted properties are not suitable or are no longer available.
- By completing an application your group is applying for the Head Lease Scheme.
- Only one application per group.
- You can only apply to be in one group only make an application with one group; if a student applies in more than one group, all applications may be rejected.
- Your group will need to appoint a “Lead Tenant”. This person will be responsible for submitting the application, arranging viewings for the group, reporting repairs, dealing with the gas, electric and water bills and generally liaising with Brunel Student Lettings when access to the property is required.
- On submission of this form the Lead Tenant will receive an email confirming the receipt of your application.
- It is the responsibility of the student completing this form (Lead Tenant) to ensure that true and correct information has been provided for each group member.
- Please ensure all members of the group are consulted and have given their consent for their details to be submitted.
- If any member of the group has outstanding accommodation fees, your group will not be eligible to secure an off campus property until all outstanding fees have been cleared.
- If any member of the group has a residences ban for on campus accommodation, your group will not be eligible to apply for off campus housing.