We have 118 studio flats on campus.
These are a great option for those who wish to live with their partner while they study at Brunel. Our studio flats are available for full time students who are enrolled on their course for the whole academic year (your partner doesn't need to be a Brunel student). If applications do not meet the demand the studios are also made availble for single applicants.
There is no family accommodation available. Students with children/dependants cannot live in the studio flats.
Applying for studio accommodation
To apply for session 2018/19:
- Submit an online application form and pay the £450 booking fee by the 31 July 2018.
- Applications for 2019/20 will be available from December 2018.
To add your details to the waiting list for session 2017/18 please submit an online application form.
Evidence of relationship - must be submitted by the deadline date
- If you are married or in a civil partnership you are required to provide a marriage or civil partnership certificate together with a translation, if applicable.
- If you are in a long-term stable relationship you’ll need to provide supporting evidence of your relationship. A letter or email from a professional body, such as doctor, landlord and your department/school, will be accepted. Download the Supporting Evidence of Relationship Form (80kb).
- Please email your certificate/form
If you have previously stayed in a campus studio flat with us and your partner’s details have remained the same, you are not required to resubmit your evidence of relationship.
Partner Confirmation - must be submitted by the deadline date
Your partner is also required to confirm to the Accommodation Centres that s/he is aware that their details have been placed on the Studio Flat application. Your partner can confirm this by email to the Accommodation Centre.
If you have previously stayed in a campus studio flat with us and your partner’s details have remained the same you are not required to resubmit your partner confirmation.
During August you will be notified if you are provisionally allocated to a studio flat. After you've met your course requirements and accepted your course offer, the provisional allocation becomes your formal allocation.
Priority is given to first year full time postgraduate students and full time research students followed by 4th year final year undergraduate and 3rd year final year undergraduate students. Other undergraduate students are also invited to apply but offers of accommodation are subject to availability.
Offers of accommodation, formal or otherwise, are provisional and subject to the clearance of all money owing to the University up to and including the end of the Summer Vacation.
After the application deadline students can put their names down for the waiting list.
Rent for studio flats
The rents for 2018/19 are as follows:
Cost of accommodation
|Residence||Cost (per week)|
|Studio Flats for Co-habiting Couples - Isambard Complex
|Studio Flats for Co-habiting Couples - Faraday and Fleming Flats
|Studio Flats for Co-habiting Couples - Saltash, Mill, Galbraith and Maria Grey Flats
Rents for session 2019/20 will be set by July 2018.