Summer vacation: students already on campus
||10am 5 June 2016 until 10am 4 September 2016
|Standard room rate
||£104.00 per week
|En suite room rate
||£132.50 per week
A minimum booking of 1 week will apply.
- Full payment is required in advance. Payment by Direct Debit will not be possible during this period.
- You will need to apply and make the payment by the 22 April 2016 if you want to continue your stay on campus after your current term time contract ends at 10am 5 June 2016. Both the application and payment can be made online at the same time.
- Some Halls of Residence are not available to book during the summer period due to redecoration or because they are already booked for conference use. This means that some students may be required to change rooms for their summer period of stay.
- Additional summer bookings can be made online if you decide you would like to stay longer. The latest to do so is 7 days prior to the end of your existing contract. We will do our best to offer you the same room but this is not guaranteed.
- Any offers of accommodation will be subject to the clearance of all previous outstanding accommodation-related charges.
- Postgraduate or Research students with contracts until 10am 4 September 2016 do not need to apply for the Summer Vacation period.
Applications can be made online. Bookings for Summer 2016 will be available from April 2016.
All cancellations need to be put in writing by submitting our Cancellation Request Form. Your first weeks rent is non-refundable unless notice is given in writing 7 days before the start of each new Licence Agreement.
Vacating your room during the summer
If you choose to leave your summer contract early you can and you'll be refunded for any additional nights you have paid for. Keys have to be returned to your Residences Office before 10am Monday to Friday. When keys are returned after 10am you'll be charged additional accommodation fees at a nightly rate of:
- £40 for a standard room
- £45 for an en suite room
- £67 for a studio flat
The minimum stay of one week applies to each new contract. Please don't return keys to the Security Office or leave them with a friend. Please contact us closer to the time for the out of hours vacating procedure.