"Not Cleared" to attend graduation
To attend graduation you need to have completed your studies and been awarded by the University. Fulfilling these conditions is known as being “clear to attend”.
There are a few instances where you may not be eligible (or “cleared”) to attend, and these include:
If you are not able to attend ceremonies, but are subsequently awarded, you will usually be invited to attend the next appropriate ceremony instead.
- Having an outstanding tuition debt to the University;
- Failing assessments and not being able to complete your taught course;
- Failing assessments and not being awarded;
- Continuing your course, including re-assessment of taught or dissertation modules;
- An outstanding internal review or appeal of award results;
- As a consequence of disciplinary action.