Exit Menu

Before Graduation


What do I need to do before my Graduation?

The invitation will be in the form of an eVision task. It is as important to the University that you reply if you do not wish to attend as if you do wish to attend.

If you have not received an invitation by the end of August please contact awarding@brunel.ac.uk.

Can I change my mind about attending Graduation?

Yes. You can edit your response within the eVision graduation task until the deadline of Midday Monday 11th December 2017.

What will happen if I don't reply?

If you do not reply to your Graduation Invitation Task and want to attend your ceremony, it will not be possible to accommodate you on the day as you will not be allocated a seat in the ceremony and your certificate will not be produced for you to collect on the day.

Without replying to the invitation you are not able to request any guest tickets.

Why do I need to hire a gown?

If you intend to attend your ceremony you must wear an official gown of the University that equates to your academic achievement.

University gowns are provided by Ede & Ravenscroft. For information on how to hire or buy your gown please visit the Gowns and Dress Code section of the website.

Do I have to pay for my guest tickets before my ceremony?

You can pay for your tickets once they have been allocated on the afternoon of Monday 27th November 2017. You will then be able to pay for them through the eVision task on-line or through the Cash Office. 

Further details will be provided once the ticket allocation has taken place.

Visa Requirements

When completing the Graduation Task, you will be asked whether you or your guest(s) require a visa to visit the UK to attend your Graduation Ceremony. If you will be applying for a visitor visa, you will be able to request a letter via the Graduation Task in eVision that can either posted, emailed or collected from the Student Centre. Please note when you are requesting this letter for your guest(s), you will need to supply the details of their full names (as per their passport) and their relationship to you. This letter should be submitted alongside the visa applications.

For further information regarding visas to visit the UK, please refer to the UK Border Agency website http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/