Restaurants, bars and nightlife
Brunel's bars, cafés, nightclub and foodhall have been refurbished in recent years, making them great places to relax and meet friends.
Eating and drinking
All halls are self-catering if you want to cook for yourself, but there are also many food outlets across campus.
You can purchase meal ticket vouchers to save money - buying a 100-voucher package will save you 15%. See the Brunel catering website for more details.
- Social Kitchen is the main campus refectory, serving meals and snacks from around the world. Open all day, More caters for all diets and budgets.
- The Mezz's balcony overlooks the concourse, while inside you can watch the big match on an equally big screen! Café-style lunches are served during the day, then by night it’s a lively bar.
- A high street-style coffee shop, Costa serves a range of hot drinks freshly prepared by trained baristas, as well as sandwiches, salads and cakes.
- Be Active offers pasta, salads, grills and paninis as well as a full bar. Enjoy a panoramic view of the sports hall, or over the campus from the outdoor terrace.
- During the day, Subyway is the ideal place to grab a bite to eat on the move.
- The Pavilion Bar alongside the outdoor sports park is ideal for a relaxing drink after a match. It offers a full bar menu and snack menu at selected times.
- The Lecture Centre Coffee Bar offers a range of hot and cold drinks, sandwiches, baguettes and toasties – all in a quick, ready-to-go format.
- Metrobite, based inside Eastern Gateway Building, offers coffees and light snacks
More details of the food outlets on campus can be found on the Catering website
Loco's Bar is the main Students’ Union bar, with drinks promos and a pub-style menu. The big screen and plasma TVs show the latest sports coverage, or you can grab a game of pool or try one of the arcade games.
With a capacity of 600, the Academy Nightclub is small enough to retain a great atmosphere yet big enough to attract major acts and events. Whatever your musical taste, there’ll be something for you, alongside clubs and societies' specialist events and comedy nights. With air-conditioning and funky new décor, the Academy Nightclub has been a worthy venue for acts including the Futureheads, the Holloways, the Metros and Wheatus in the past year alone!