There are two stages to the registration process.
The first stage is an online registration task, which needs to be completed before you arrive at University. The details of the online registration will be emailed to you as soon as your place is confirmed at Brunel. The purpose of the online registration is to confirm your personal details including your next of kin, your financial details such as if you will be paying your fees as a one-off or in instalments, and if you are an overseas student we will also ask for your passport and visa details in order to meet the UKBA compliance. If you are arriving for your first course at Brunel in September you will have the opportunity to provide a photo for your ID card to be produced in advance which will help speed up your registration on campus.
The second stage of registration must be completed in person before 12 October at the Student Centre. Please refer to the 'what to bring' tab for details of all the documents that you need to have with you. Please ensure you bring all of this information with you. If you don’t we won’t be able to register you as a Brunel student.
You will have received an email explaining how to complete the first part of your registration through Brunel's online student portal, eVision.
|Login to eVision|
|Your initial login details for eVision are:|
Student ID Number
|Password:||Date of birth in six digit format (DDMMYY)|
You will be asked to choose a new password the first time you log in to eVision. If you logged in to eVision previously, for example to track your application, then you will already have changed your password and should use that password. If you have forgotten your password contact the Student Centre who can reset it for you, or alternatively use the forgotten password option on screen.
My ChecklistWithin eVision click on “my Checklist” and complete all sections of the task available to you. Note that the sections of the task are specific to you and may not include all of the following:
- my Personal Information Confirm your personal details and the course you are registering on. NB If your course details appear to be incorrect you should resolve this before you complete your Registration by contacting the Admissions Office. (Home UK/EU students / International students)
- my Financial Information Confirm how you intend to pay your fees.
- Union of Brunel Students Gives you the chance to opt out of membership of the Student's Union.
- DBS check If a DBS check is required for your course you will be asked to complete this section and pay for the check either online or at the Cash Office.
- Passport and Visa (International Students only) To speed up your registration on campus you will have the opportunity to upload a copy of your passport and visa. Note you must still bring these with you when you arrive for verification.
- my Student Photo We require a photo to produce your ID card. The photo should be a recent passport style photo which you can either upload or post to us in advance of your arrival. If you do not have this option within your task don’t worry, we will take your photo when you arrive.
Provisional Registration Document
Once you have completed all elements of the Registration Checklist and have a green tick by each of the compulsory sections, your registration status will change to provisionally registered. At this point you will be able to print your "Provisional Registration Document" which you should bring with you when you come to Brunel to complete Part Two.
Brunel Network AccountYour Brunel network account and email address will be allocated to you once you complete the Checklist and are provisionally registered. Allow an hour after completing the task then log back into eVision and return to “my Checklist” – scroll down to the bottom of the page for details of your network account and email details. Note that the Brunel email account is the one we will use to correspond with you so you should check it regularly throughout your time at Brunel.
The second stage of the registration process is completed in person when you arrive at Brunel. Registration takes place in the Student Centre in the Bannerman Centre. This part of the process enables you to provide evidence of your qualifications and obtain your University ID card.