Our Sports Performance Programme is a comprehensive support package, focusing on six key sports selected by Brunel University Sport and the Union of Brunel Students.
- Rugby Union and League.
Who are the Performance Programmes designed for?
The Sports Performance Programme is a programme of coaching, support services and facilities access designed to help those current students who are looking to continue and develop their sporting careers in athletics, netball, rugby, basketball, futsal or squash.
To be eligible to join a Brunel Sports Performance Programme athletes must be a student currently registered at Brunel University London and current members of the associated Brunel Student Union sports club.
What benefits do Sports Performance Programme members receive?
- Access to the Indoor Athletics Centre (IAC) including the strength & conditioning weights area for the whole academic year
- High level coaching provided by qualified National Governing Body coaches employed by Brunel Sport
- Help to establish a training/study routine when arriving at Brunel University London
- Weekly strength and conditioning sessions
- Spa access including use of the plunge pool, steam room, sauna & jacuzzi
- Free physio/sports massage at selected times each week.
How much does the Sports Performance Programme membership cost?
Membership of the Sports Performance Programme costs only £160 per academic year.
How do I become a member of the Sports Performance Programme?
Becoming a member of the SPP is a three step process:
- Buy your Brunel Sports Federation card.
- Join the relevant Brunel Student Union Club (athletics, netball, rugby, basketball, futsal, football) via the Union of Brunel Students or alternatively you can join at our ‘Fresher’s Fair’ which is held in ‘Fresher’s Week’ at the beginning of each academic year.
- Buy your SPP membership from either the Indoor Athletics Centre or Sports Centre Receptions. You will have to provide proof that you have already joined the relevant Brunel Student Union Club before your SPP membership can be purchased.
For further information on the individual sports included in the programme please contact the Sports Performance Programme Manager: richard.ashe@Brunel.ac.uk