Exit Menu

Bullying and Harassment

Sexual Violence & Misconduct: Prevention and Response

At Brunel University London, we recognise that harrassment, physical and sexual violence are matters of international concern and we are committed to tackling this issue. Through our Student Support Teams, we are focused on making Brunel a safer place to live, work and study.

You may need time to decide what you want to do next. You may choose to seek support as you consider your options.

Reporting an incident

Following an incident of sexual violence and misconduct, you have options. You may choose to disclose the incident to a member of University staff in order to seek support. This is not the same as making a report or a formal complaint to the University. The Student Support and Welfare Team can discuss your reporting options (listed below) with you so that you can make an informed decision of what you wish to do.

Accessing Support

You may decide that you do not want to make a formal report. If this is the case, the University will still offer you support through our Support Services and will refer you to specialist services if you prefer. 

Disclosing to the University

You can choose to disclose an incident of physical/sexual violence or other acts of misconduct to the University. If you want us to take some action in relation to the incident we will do this by using Senate Regulation 6.

In order to disclose formally you can email Student Support . Once you have submitted the email, a member of the Student Support and Welfare Team will get in touch with you to discuss it further. They will also be able to direct you to any support that will be helpful.

With your agreement, the incident form will then be considered under SR6. If appropriate this will then be taken forward by the student complaints team. You can be supported throughout this process. 

Remember that the University’s process is separate from any criminal matters. If you would like to pursue criminal charges you will need to report this separately to the Police. 

 Report to Police

If you would like to pursue criminal charges in response to the incident that happened you will need to report this directly to the Police. Brunel has a Police Officer that works on campus and he will be able to help you with this.  You can contact him via the Security team, or the Student Support and Welfare Team. 

Other ways you can contact the Police is through any local police station or by calling 101.