Exit Menu

Supporting you

Starting university offers a first taste of independence, and whatever your background, becoming a student can throw up a lot of questions. We have a range of services available that can support you during your time with us.

When you arrive, you will be assigned a tutor or supervisor, who will be your main contact for academic and personal matters.

Health and welfare

Our Student Services team provide welfare and wellbeing support for students.

Brunel Medical Centre

The Medical Centre on campus offers a variety of services to students and members of the public. If you’re a new student make sure you register when you arrive, and get up to date with your vaccinations.

Disability and Dyslexia Service

Our Disability and Dyslexia Service aims to offer expert advice and support to all disabled students so that they can fulfil their potential to become confident, talented and versatile graduates. 

Counselling Service

Our Counselling Service is available for all students and staff. If you want to talk about anything, big or small, whether personal, academic or work-related, we'd be happy to see you.

Faith and religion

Our students come from a variety of religious and non-religious backgrounds and we celebrate the richness that this diversity brings to our community.

If you think you want some support but aren’t sure what you need, contact well@brunel.ac.uk for advice.

Administrative support

Our Student Centre can help you with all administrative enquiries, including registration, finance, student letters, visa applications and much more. Email the Student Centre or call +44 (0)1895 268268.

Office of Student Complaints, Conduct and Appeals (OSCCA)

OSCCA provides expertise in dealing with a number of areas of student casework, including student complaints, academic appeals, professional suitability and student conduct.

Still not sure who to talk to?

The Students’ Union runs the Advice and Representation Centre (ARC) which offers a confidential service independent of the University on matters including Housing, Finance, Benefits, Academic and non-academic concerns.