Congratulations! You're coming to Brunel!
Below you can find a list of tasks to complete before you arrive, a handy checklist on what to pack, information on registering with the Brunel Medical Centre and much more! Once you've completed the tasks on this page, have a look at the Arriving at Brunel and Life at Brunel webpages to find out what’s next.
- Complete the online Registration task: Shortly after you complete the online Registration task the ‘My Brunel Network Account’ task will be available for you to complete under the ‘my Checklist’ tab. This will provide you with your network account username and email address and allow you to set your Network password. You can use these to access your email, the intranet and Blackboard Learn (Brunel’s Virtual Learning Environment). For any Network account queries, please refer here.
- Make sure you have a valid passport: you cannot register without your passport, even if you have previously registered at Brunel (see the passport information page for advice).
- Finalise your accommodation: if you are living on campus make sure you accept your Licence Agreement and pay the booking fee by the stated deadline.
- Pack your belongings: see our 'What to pack' checklist below.
- Contact your GP and arrange to have your Meningitis ACWY vaccine (if you have not already received this) at least two weeks before your arrival.
- Register online for access to services at the Brunel Medical Centre if you will be living on campus. To register click here
- Plan your tuition fee instalment payments if you are not taking out a Student Loan: find out the dates on the UK Fees and Funding web pages and International Fees and Funding web pages. To pay your tuition fees see the online payment facilities available for students.
- Read our Get Started Guide to find out about what Brunel has to offer
- International and EU students - read the pre-arrival guide and the international web pages for information about orientation and our airport pickup service.
- Watch our Health and Safety Video
- Sign up to the Students’ Union website and download the Union App to get your tickets for Freshers’ Week events. Available on Apple Store and Google Play
What to pack
Here are some ideas for useful things to bring with you. This list is not exhaustive, and there are lots of shops in the Uxbridge area that sell many of these items, so if you can't pack it, don't worry! Use our online checklist to track what you’ve packed.
Get Started Guide (Coming Soon)
If you will be a distance learner, follow these simple steps below to get all set for study at Brunel:
- Complete the online Registration task: after you complete the task, your network account details will appear in your eVision portal. These give you access to your email and the intranet. For any Network account queries, please refer here
- Complete part two of Registration.
- Visit the Library web pages: the Library offers a number of specialist services for distance learners.
- Arrange computer access: you should already have your network account username and password and your email address after completing the online Registration task. Visit the Connect Portal for more information on the services you can access including Eduroam and AnyConnect VPN (allowing users who are off-campus to connect securely).