Registration is the process of formally becoming a Brunel student, and it takes place in two parts.
Jump to Completing Registration for distance learning students or Registration for LBIC students.
The first part involves completing an online Registration task. You will receive an email explaining how to complete the online task as soon as your place at Brunel is confirmed, and you should complete it from home as soon as possible through eVision, Brunel’s online student portal.
Your initial login details for eVision are:
- Username Student ID Number
- Password Date of birth in six digit format (DDMMYY)
You will be asked to choose a new password the first time you log in to eVision. If you logged in to eVision previously, for example to track your application, then you will already have changed your password and should use that password. If you have forgotten your password contact the Student Centre who can reset it for you, or alternatively use the forgotten password option on screen.
Within eVision, click on “my Checklist” and complete all sections of the task available to you. The sections of the task that appear are specific to you and may include some or all of the following:
- my Personal Information: Confirm your personal details and the course for which you are registering. If your personal details are wrong you can change them through eVision. If your course details are incorrect please contact the Admissions Office before you complete your Registration firstname.lastname@example.org
- my Finance: Confirm how you intend to pay your fees.
- DBS check: Complete this section and pay online if a DBS check is required for your course (you can also pay via the Cash Office).
- Passport, Visa and Biometric Residence Permit (Immigration Document): If you are an international student, to speed up your registration on campus you will have the opportunity to upload a copy of your passport and visa. If you are arriving on a 30 day entry visa you will also need to upload your BRP and bring all documentation to registration. All UK, EU and international students must bring their passports with them to register at Brunel.
- my Student Photo: Upload a recent passport style photo for your ID card. If this option does not appear within your task don’t worry – we will take your photo when you arrive.
Once you have completed the task and a green tick appears by each of the compulsory sections, you will be asked to print a Provisional Registration Document. You should bring this with you to the second part of Registration on campus (unless you are a distance learning student - see the section below).
Shortly after you complete the online Registration task the My Brunel Network Account task will be available for you to complete under the my Checklist tab. This will provide your network account username and email address and allow you to set your Network password. For any Network account queries, please refer to here
We have put together a short guide to completing the online registration task. If you need any further help completing it please contact the Student Centre on +44 (0)1895 268268 or email email@example.com.
The second part of Registration is completed in person during your first week on campus.
- For undergraduate and postgraduate taught students starting in September, It takes place in the Sports Centre, and you can register at any time from Sunday 17 September to Tuesday 19 September in between attending the induction events for your course. Provisional opening hours: Sunday 17 September, 10am-5pm; Monday 19 September, 9am-6pm; Tuesday 19 September, 9am-5pm.
- For undergraduate and postgraduate taught students starting in January, Registration takes place in the Student Centre in the Howell Building.
- For research students, your Provisional Registration Document will show you where to go first to complete your Registration: if your letter states that your Highest Qualification Check is incomplete, then you should go to the Admissions Office, room 213 in the Bannerman Centre first; if your letter states that only your ID and Fee Status Check are incomplete, then you should go to the Student Centre in the Howell Building.
You will need to bring your passport and any other relevant Registration documentation to Register. We will complete all the required checks and issue you with your student ID card, and there will also be a further opportunity to arrange payment of your tuition fees.
Please note that you must complete part two of Registration before 6th October – if you miss it in your first week, you can go to the Student Centre to complete Registration.
The second part of Registration for distance learning students involves a qualifications check. We need to see the original versions of your academic certificates: if you are in the UK and are able to bring these to the Admissions Office please do so; if not then please send a certified copy of your certificate(s) to the Admissions Office. Please do not send original documents in the post in case they are lost. We must receive a certified copy or see the original certificates before you can be registered with the University or receive your course documentation so please send these as soon as possible. If you have already provided these to the Admissions Office prior to completing part one of Registration then your status should show as being fully enrolled.
If you are sending certified copies of your certificates, please clearly state your name, Brunel University London student number, and the course you have applied for, to the Admissions Office at the address below. If your results are not in English, please provide a certified translation.
Admissions Office, Brunel University London, Uxbridge, UB8 3PH, UK
You will be able to verify that your enrolment is complete via eVision once we have received your documents (please allow up to 48 hours from receipt of documents before checking). Once this has been completed your College will send your course material to you.
If you have any further queries about this, please contact the Admissions Office via firstname.lastname@example.org or on 01895 265 265
The FINAL part of Registration for LBIC students concludes by visiting the LBIC Student Service Office in the ground floor of the Russell Building, once you have your Student ID card, here you will receive your Timetable and finalise your Registration. Contact email@example.com