Networks and regulatory systems
The behaviour of living systems is determined by the coordinated expression of their genes and the activities of their products; their integration allows such systems to adapt to their environments and cooperate with each other. These studies seek to integrate data from studies that address the coordinated expression and simultaneous responses of cellular components with a view to determining and understanding how living systems work as an integrated and responsive whole.
- Novel statistical approaches for the analysis of transcriptional and other high-throughput data
- Bayesian modelling of whole system coordination of transcription
- Modelling and analysis of biochemical networks with a framework which encompasses qualitative, continuous and stochastic aspects, using Petri nets.
- Petrinet analysis and representation of regulatory networks
- Biomodel engineering for the design, construction, maintenance and analysis of computational models of biological systems.