Career prospects for mathematicians are excellent. Maybe you want to pursue a career that specifically uses your mathematical or statistical skills or would prefer a more general career – such as management or consultancy.
Either way you will possess key skills that are highly sought after by business – in fact any industry that uses modelling, simulation, cryptography, forecasting, statistics, risk analysis and probability. Our combination of work experience and up-to-date teaching means that you will be well-equipped to follow the career you want after graduation. These are some of the areas where a maths degree is highly valued:
- Finance: banking, accountancy, actuarial, tax, underwriter, pensions, insurance
- Medicine: medical statistics, medical and epidemiological research, pharmaceutical research
- Design: engineering design, computer games
- Science: biotechnology, meteorology, oceanography, pure and applied research and development
- Civil Service: scientists (‘Fast Stream’, DSTL, DESG), GCHQ, security service, statisticians
- Business: logistics, financial analysis, marketing, market research, sales oil industry, management consultancy, operational research
- IT: Systems analysis, research
- Engineering: aerospace, building design, transport planning, telecommunications, surveying.
Where do our students go on to work?
Our students go on to work at global and independent companies, both in the UK and in their home countries:
- Rank Xerox
- Bank of New York
- British Aerospace
- Deloitte and Touche
- Coca Cola
- Ernst and Young
- Deutsche Bank
Data and Insights Consultant at Capgemini
Junior Data Scientist at Microsoft
For more information and advice on graduate career options visit our careers page.