Parking and Getting to Brunel
Will I be able to park on campus?
Car entry onto the campus will be by a special Graduation parking permit and this will be emailed to you shortly before your ceremony. Please note that only one permit per graduating student is available and that student parking permits are not valid during Graduation week.
All students and their guests need to note the following:
- Only one permit will be issued to each graduating student - so there is no need to request one
- There will be no duplicate or replacement permits issued in the event of lost, damaged or undelivered permits
- There will be no vehicle access to the campus during Graduation Week without a graduation parking permit
- Anyone with a local authority disabled parking permit will be directed to an appropriate space, but will still require a graduation parking permit in order to gain access to the campus.
How do I get to Brunel by car?
M4: Leave M4 at Junction 4 and follow signs to Uxbridge (A408). Straight across first set of traffic lights, continue on A408, crossing four roundabouts. Turn right at the next set of major traffic lights. Continue ahead to next set of lights and, almost immediately take the right filter lane at second set of traffic lights into Station Road. Continue along Station Road (ignore Brunel entrance signposted at Cleveland Rd) follow the road round into Church Road / Pield Heath Road for approx 3/4 mile. Take first left just after the garden centre into Kingston Lane. At the roundabout take the first exit into Brunel.
A40/M40: At Swakeleys Roundabout take B483 exit to Uxbridge. Follow signs across two mini-roundabouts. At major roundabout bear left onto A4020 (Brunel sign), straight ahead at the first lights, then almost immediately take second right filter turn onto Kingston Lane (signposted Brunel). The main entrance to Brunel is right at the next roundabout.
M25: (From North or South) Join M40 or M4 then see above.
* For international drivers - A roundabout is a circular junction around a central island, similar to a rotary or traffic circle
How do I get to Brunel by bus?
- From Heathrow Central: A10 "Heathrow Fast", every 15 minutes, journey time approximately 25 minutes (alight The Greenway and use river path).From Stockley Park: A10 "Heathrow Fast" as above, journey time approximately 10 minutes.
- From West Drayton railway station: U3 (alight Cleveland Road), 222 (alight Cowley Road and use path via University flats).
- From Uxbridge (underground) station: U3 (alight Cleveland Road), U1, U4 and U7 (alight Kingston Lane), 427 (alight The Greenway and use river path), 607 express (alight The Greenway and use river path), 222 and U5 (alight Cowley Road and use path via University flats) U2 (go past Hillingdon station and hospital, alight Kingston Lane).
How do I get to Brunel by tube?
For Uxbridge Station take the Metropolitan Line from Baker Street or the Piccadilly Line to the Metropolitan Line (changing at Rayners Lane). During Peak hours the Piccadilly Line may be taken directly to Uxbridge Station. Then take a taxi or U1, U3, U4 or U7. Alternatively use the 1-mile walking route. The bus ride should take 10 - 15 minutes; however in peak traffic hours, the bus can take considerably more time. Please leave at least one hour for your tube ride from Central London/Baker Street as Uxbridge is at the very end of the Metropolitan and Piccadilly Lines and the underground can often be delayed.
How do I get to Brunel by train?
- West Drayton (First Great Western Link) is the nearest main-line station (approx. 1.5 miles from the campus) services from London Paddington or the West (Bristol). From West Drayton station take a bus towards Uxbridge: 222 (alight Cowley Road), U5 (alight Station Road), or U3 (alight Cleveland Road).
- West Ruislip Station (Chiltern Railways) is the main-line service from London Marylebone and the North (Aylesbury, Banbury and Birmingham) and is approx 4 miles from the campus. From West Ruislip Station take the U1 bus towards Hillingdon Hospital, alight Cleveland Road.