DASH- Recreation Activity Volunteer Assistant
Details of the Charity:Share this
Disablement Association Hillingdon, known more commonly as DASH, was formed in 1984 and is a user-led charity based in Hillingdon, West London.
DASH challenges peoples perceptions and encourages disabled people of all ages to reach their full potential. We provide advice, support and activities that allow disabled people to take control of their lives and become more independent, confident and part of the community.
Details of the Volunteering Opportunity:
DASH are looking for enthusiastic, energetic individuals to have fun and engage in the activities in a safe and welcoming environment.
There are no strict time restrictions to this role. We can be flexible about timings that suit you. We are located in The Pavilions shopping centre in Uxbridge.
Outline of role:
- To provide a warm welcome and friendly service
- To be an active team member and support the running of sporting and recreational activities such as arts and crafts, music and so forth.
- To treat all participants, and their carers/ families, with respect, dignity and courtesy.
Outline of activities:
- Assisting in the set up and clearing up of activities throughout the day
- To interact with the participants and encourage them to participate in the activities on offer if they so wish
- Maintenance of a tidy and safe environment at all times
- To conduct all dealings with participants in a public area in full view of others.
- Clear communication with participants, and DASH staff
- Show consistently high standards of professional behaviour and appearance, acting as a positive role model
- Be able to reach the Hub via public transport or own transport
- Any knowledge of sports/ recreational activities are a bonus
- Hours volunteered will be recorded on your HEAR – which goes on your permanent university record
- All hours contribute towards your Brunel Volunteers Award, which leads to an invitation to the Brunel Volunteers Awards Ceremony