Girlguiding UK – Leader
Details of the Charity:
Girlguiding is an international organisation which has nationwide presence in the UK. They aim to develop life skills and leadership for girls from the age of five to twenty five. Female volunteers can get involved by organising activities for the girls such as crafts, sports, outings and charity work. Depending on which age group you prefer to work with, you may even find yourself canoeing or abseiling!
Girl Guiding is a national organisation with branches across the country. Below is a list of the branches in the local area
Hillingdon, Ruislip, Ickenham – Contact Name: Brenda Tillbury
Ealing, Southhall – Contact Name: Desiree Polluk
West Drayton, Hayes – Contact name: Sharon Cargil
Details of the Volunteering Opportunity:
Volunteer Leaders are needed to assist with running:
- Rainbow Guides, age 5 to 7 years
- Brownie Guides, age 7 to 10 years
- Guides, age 10 to 14 years.
As a volunteer you will assist the Leader in devising a program of activities which usually include games, craft work, various badge work, cooking etc and decide how to implement the programme. You will be expected to supervise the girls and have fun!
For those of you who are more interested in management once you have been a girl guide for 6 months you can attend a series of modules on organising groups, leadership, appropriately named ‘Adult leadership scheme’.
- Hours volunteered will be recorded on your HEAR – which goes on your permanent university record
- All hours contribute towards your Brunel Volunteers Award, which leads to an invitation to the Brunel Volunteers Awards Ceremony.