Healthwatch Hillingdon – Healthwatch Ambassador
Details of the Charity:
Healthwatch Hillingdon is an independent organisation that represents the views of everyone who uses health and social care services in the London borough of Hillingdon.
We make sure that these views are gathered, analysed and acted upon, making services better now, and in the future. We give local people the platform to improve the delivery of their health and social care services.
We monitor local services to ensure they reflect the needs of the community, and where necessary, use statutory powers to hold those services to account. We are completely separate from the NHS and the local authority, from commissioners and providers of services. Healthwatch is part of the Healthwatch network in England, one of 152 community-focused organisations nationally led by Healthwatch England.
Our vision is to become the influential voice of the public.
Details of the Volunteering Opportunity:
Ambassadors will support the Outreach and Volunteer Officer in raising the profile of Healthwatch Hillingdon by informing groups and individuals about its work and by listening to and gathering people’s experiences of using health and social care services across Hillingdon.
Tasks & responsibilities:
- Engaging with members of the public to gather information about people’s experiences of health and social care services
- Accurately recording what they say about services
- Travelling to various locations across the borough
- Staffing information stalls at community events
- Carrying out public surveys or consultation questionnaires
- Delivering information about Healthwatch to various audiences
- Giving presentations to small voluntary and community groups
- Maintaining confidentiality in accordance to our confidentiality policy
- Adhering to Healthwatch Hillingdon’s Code of Conduct
We require a minimum commitment of 4 hours per week.
The role will be based at our shop front offices in Uxbridge. However, this role is flexible and volunteers can choose to work off-site.
- Presentation skills
- Public speaking
- Self confidence
- Excellent communication skills
- An interest in local health and social care services would be advantageous
- Ability to work alone or as part of a team
- Willingness to travel across various places across Hillingdon
- The opportunity to shape and influence how health and social care services are delivered in the future in the Hillingdon area
- Support as required to carry out this role
- Meeting and working with new people
- Reasonable out-of-pocket expenses will be reimbursed
- Gain new skills and enhance CV
- You will receive an induction and be offered training for you to carry out your volunteering role
- The role will be recorded on your HEAR – which goes on your permanent university record
- All hours will contribute to the Brunel Volunteers Award, leading to an invite to the Brunel Volunteers Ceremony