Hillingdon Table Tennis Club – Coaching Assistant & Competitions Organiser
Details of the Charity:
Hillingdon Table Tennis Club started in 1999, moving to its current venue at Swakeleys School for Girls in July 2014. We are a Premier Club affiliated to Table Tennis England and the Middlesex Table Tennis Association.
To be part of the community, coaching in primary and secondary schools, charities such as Dash, promoting the sport to all ages and abilities. In building the club, we run teams from juniors to the British League, practise nights for those who want coaching and for the social player, looking just to enjoy the sport.
We see the coaching as the main structure of Hillingdon Table Tennis Club in seeking improvement, whilst we work with Table Tennis England in looking for volunteers to keep building the club for the future.
Details of the Volunteering Opportunity:
To assist our club coach on a Monday evening 19:00-21:00 on a coaching night, as we develop players of all ages and standards.
On a Friday evening at the same time, to organise internal competition, to make the sessions more interesting, for members to mix more and to develop at a quicker rate.
- No experience in table tennis required
- Free table tennis sessions
- Free Table Tennis England coaching qualifications (Level 1 & 2) for those interested
- Will be recorded on your HEAR – which goes on your permanent university record
- All hours contribute towards your Brunel Volunteers Award, leading to an invitation to the Brunel Volunteers Awards Ceremony