The TutorFair Foundation – Volunteer Tutor
Details of the Charity:Share this
The Tutor Foundation is a charity that believes in providing equal educational opportunities for everyone, and works to offer free tuition, via schools, to individuals who would otherwise not have access to top quality tutoring. Since small group tuition is found to be an effective form of education, we aim to provide this to specifically selected schools that fall under low income catchment areas. Teachers will select a group of students that they feel will benefit most from the tuition. We work with volunteers in order to better a child’s education.
Details of the Volunteering Opportunity:
Tutorfair volunteers will be expected to deliver weekly tutorials to a select group of students at one of our selected schools.
Each tutorial lasts between one and two hours, with commitment ending once a minimum of 10 hours of free tuition have been donated. This means each volunteer placement will last between 5 and 10 weeks.
By making a commitment of 10 hours over one school term volunteers have the opportunity to make a tangible and lasting impact on pupils, through helping them with a core subject such as Maths, English, Science, French or Spanish.
This is an ideal opportunity for anyone wanting experience in the education sector, looking to gain new skills and boost CV’s or if you are simply looking to give something back.
- No previous experience is required for this role
- Passionate about your subject
- Want to help young people to achieve more
- High quality training from Teach First – rated as “outstanding in all areas of educational training provision”
- An observation of one tutorials and full feedback from a qualified teacher
- Free DBS Check
- Excellent reviews and references to promote yourself on Tutorfair.com