WaterAid – WaterAid Student Ambassador
Details of the Charity:Share this
WaterAid is an international development organisation working to transform the lives of the poorest people in the world by improving access to the basics of clean water, decent toilets and proper hygiene.
We have teams in 35 countries across the world, and active projects in Africa, the Americas, Asia and the Pacific. Our local partners help us reach millions of people in need every year, providing the basics necessary for communities to achieve their true potential.
Details of the Volunteering Opportunity:
As a Student Ambassador for WaterAid, you’ll have the opportunity to learn important skills, meet like-minded people, boost your CV and gain valuable experience for life after university – all whilst helping to tackle the global water and sanitation crisis.
Alongside your own studies and based at your university, you will work with one-to-one guidance from Head Office to:
- Promote WaterAid’s work and mission
- Plan and implement successful fundraising activities
- Make strong connections with student supporters and societies
- Some knowledge of fundraising and international development
- Commitment to WaterAid’s work and mission
- Interpersonal skills
- Reasonable expenses will be reimbursed where required
- Discount entry to WaterAid’s events
- Public speaking training
- Reference from WaterAid
- Hours volunteered will be recorded on your HEAR – which goes on your permanent university record
- All hours contribute towards your Brunel Volunteers Award, which leads to an invitation to the Brunel Volunteers Awards Ceremony