Dr Manos Karteris graduated with a BSc (Hons) in Medical Biochemistry from the University of Surrey in 1995. He then was awarded an MSc with Distinction in Medical Genetics with Immunology from Brunel University London in 1996 and completed his PhD in Molecular Endocrinology from the University of Warwick in 2000. He then undertook post-doctoral appointments at the University of Warwick, including a prestigious VIP Research Fellowship from the Wellcome Trust. He was appointed as Lecturer in Endocrinology at the University of Warwick from 2005-2006 and then he transferred to Brunel University London as a Lecturer in Biomedical Sciences in June 2006. In October 2017 Dr Karteris became a Senior Lecturer and a Programme Lead for the Division.
BSc, MSc, PhD, PGCert IP Law
- Programme Lead for Biomedical Sciences
- Chair of Board of Studies for Biomedical Sciences
- Member of the SAT team for CHLS
- Chair of PG exam boards for SHES
- E. Karteris. “Advances on mTOR inhibitors as therapeutic agents against ovarian cancer” 17th World Congress on Advances in Oncology and 15th International Symposium on Molecular Medicine; 11-13 October, 2012, Crete, Greece. Invited Speaker
- E. Karteris “mTOR signalling in health and disease” 4th International Congress of Molecular Medicine, Istanbul 27-20 June 2011, Turkey. Plenary Lecture and Chairing a session
- D. Mparmpakas, A. Goumenou, A. Harvey, E. Karteris, Y. Gidron. Environment and genetics: How GR polymorhism and maternal attitudes predict low birth weight. The 14th World Congress of Gynecological Endocrinology, Florence 4-7 March 2010, Italy. Oral Presentation
- Raising awareness about Ovarian Cancer
- Study Block co-ordinator for BB3703 Medical Biochemistry
- Study Block co-ordinator for BB3714 Endocrine Disorders
- Module Leader for BB3803 Synoptic Examination
Newest selected publications
Davies, J., Chen, J., Pink, R., Carter, D., Saunders, N., Sotiriadis, G., (2015) 'Orexin receptors exert a neuroprotective effect in Alzheimer's disease (AD) via heterodimerization with GPR103'. Scientific Reports, 5.Open Access Linket al.
Zachariades, E., Foster, H., Goumenou, A., Thomas, P., Rand-Weaver, M. and Karteris, E. (2011) 'Expression of membrane and nuclear progesterone receptors in two human placental choriocarcinoma cell lines (JEG-3 and BeWo): Effects of syncytialization'. International Journal of Molecular Medicine, 27 (6). pp. 767 - 774. ISSN: 1791-244X Open Access Link
Foster, H., Coley, HM., Goumenou, A., Pados, G., Harvey, A. and Karteris, E. (2010) 'Differential expression of mTOR signalling components in drug resistance in ovarian cancer'. Anticancer Research, 30 (9). pp. 3529 - 3534. ISSN: 0250-7005 Open Access Link
Patel, VH., Chen, J., Ramanjaneya, M., Karteris, E., Zachariades, E., Thomas, P., (2010) 'G-protein coupled estrogen receptor 1 expression in rat and human heart: Protective role during ischaemic stress'. International Journal of Molecular Medicine, 26 (2). pp. 193 - 199. ISSN: 1107-3756et al.
Karteris, E., Foster, H., Karamouti, M. and Goumenou, A. (2010) 'Congenital imperforate hymen with hydrocolpos and hydronephrosis associated with severe hydramnios and increase of maternal ovarian steroidogenic enzymes.'. Journal of Pediatric and Adolescent Gynecology, 23 (3). pp. 136 - 141. ISSN: 1873-4332 Open Access Link