- PhD in Radiation Biology, University of Sarajevo
- MSc in Radiation Biology, University of Sarajevo
- BSc in Veterinary Medicine, University of Sarajevo
- Co-ordinator of PhD provision in Biosciences
- October 2005, Senior Lecturer, Brunel University London - present
- September 1998- September 2005, Lecturer (grade B), Brunel University London
- 1995-1998, Post-doctoral Research Fellow, University of St-Andrews
- 1994-1995, Post-doctoral Research Fellow, University of Leiden
- 1992-1994, Post-doctoral Research Fellow, University of Cambridge
- 1988-1991, Research Assistant, University of Sarajevo
Newest selected publications
Slijepcevic, P. (2008) 'DNA damage response, telomere maintenance and ageing in light of the integrative model'. Mechanisms of Ageing and Development, 129 (1-2). pp. 11 - 16. ISSN: 0047-6374
Nijnik, A., Woodbine, L., Marchetti, C., Dawson, S., Lambe, T., Liu, C., (2007) 'DNA repair is limiting for haematopoietic stem cells during ageing'. Nature, 447 (7145). pp. 686 - 690. ISSN: 0028-0836et al.
Cabuy, E., Joksic, G., Newton, C., Woodbine, L., Koller, B., Jeggo, PA. and (2005) 'Accelerated telomere shortening and telomere abnormalities in radiosensitive cell lines'. Radiation Research, 164 (1). pp. 53 - 62. ISSN: 0033-7587et al.
Slijepcevic, P. and Natarajan, AT. (1994) 'Distribution of radiation-induced G1 exchange and terminal deletion breakpoints in Chinese hamster chromosomes as detected by G banding'. International Journal of Radiation Biology, 66 (6). pp. 747 - 755. ISSN: 0955-3002