- Campaign to End Loneliness
- Victor, CR, Scambler, SJ, Bowling, A and Bond, J (2005) The prevalence of, and risk factors for, loneliness in later life: a survey of older people in Great Britain, Ageing and Society, 25, (3), pp 357–76.
- Victor, CR, Scambler, SJ, Marston, L, Bond, J and Bowling, A (2006). Older people’s experiences of loneliness in the UK: does gender matter? Social Policy and Society, 5, (1), pp 27–38.
- Victor, CR, Scambler, SJ, Shah, S, Cook, DG, Harris, T, Rink, E and de Wilde, S (2002). Has loneliness amongst older people increased? An investigation into variations between cohorts. Ageing and Society, 22, (5), pp 585–97.
Seminar 1 – Understanding Loneliness: A glass half full or half empty?
- Beljouw, I.M.J. van, Exel, E. van, Jong Gierveld, J. de, Comijs, H.C., Heerings, M., Stek, M.L. & Marwijk, H.W.J. van (2014),"Being all alone makes me sad": loneliness in older adults with depressive symptoms. First published online: 9 April 2014. International Psychogeriatrics (): 1-11.
- Jong Gierveld, J. de & Broese van Groenou, M.I. (2014),Quality of marriage and social loneliness in later life. In: A.C. Michalos (Ed.), Encyclopedia of Quality of Life and Well-Being Research. Springer, Dordrecht, the Netherlands, p. 5309-5312.
- Scharf, T. & Jong Gierveld, J. de (2008), Loneliness in urban neighbourhoods: an Anglo-Dutch comparison. European Journal of Ageing 5 (2): 103-115.
- Wenger, G. C. & Burholt, V (2004). Changes in levels of social isolation and loneliness among older people in a rural area: a twenty-year longitudinal study. Canandian Journal on Aging, 23(2): 115-27.
Seminar 2 – Understanding Loneliness: The perspective from philosophy and religion