Our spectroscopy suite is equipped with an array of instruments which allow for chemical analysis for quantifying elemental composition and analysing bonding structures.
Perkin Elmer FTIR system for chemical analysis of organic materials and functional groups
Perkin Elmer Spectrum One Fourier Transform Infrared (FTIR) spectrometer, and Spotlight Imaging FTIR microscope. We also have a Specac Golden Gate accessory, with a single reflection 45° diamond ATR. FTIR is part of our UKAS accredited services, and the qualitative analysis is carried out by functional group identification, or comparison of IR absorption spectra of unknown materials with those of known reference materials, or both.
- The ATR has diamond and germanium crystals for a wider material analysis range
- The spotlight system allows for mapping and identification of individual micro-particles with spatial resolution of 10µm
Renishaw Invia Raman Spectrascope
Raman system with 514nm laser
Renishaw Invia Micro Raman system fitted with a 514nm laser allows for detailed analysis of carbon as well as determining the chemical structure of many materials.
- Ideal for carbon material analysis
- Minimal sample preparation
- Linefocus mode for particle mapping
- Analyse stresses in addition to chemistry
TOF-SIMS produced by KORE Technology
Kore SurfaceSeer Time of Flight – Secondary Ion Mass Spectrometer (ToF-SIMS) is a state of the art spectrometer that allows for the simultaneous analysis of elements and molecular fragments of a surface. The most sensitive of all the commonly-employed surface analytical techniques, SIMS provides a unique combination of high sensitivity for atoms (from Hydrogen to Uranium), clusters of atoms and molecular fragments.
- 1-2 nanometre surface penetration
- High sensitivity
- Full atomic range
- Spatially-resolved analysis
UV Visible system for analysing liquid samples
Ultra violet and visible light single beam spectrometer is ideal for analysing liquid solutions to identify compounds, determine molecular structure and quantify concentrations.
- 190nm - 1100nm wavelength range
- Deuterium and Tungsten lamp for UV and visible light