Join our mailing list
09 Apr 2014 to 10 Apr 2014
Brunel University London
UK Solidification Workshop for academics, industrialists and PhD students.
The EPSRC Centre for Innovative Manufacturing in Liquid Metal Engineering (The EPSRC Centre – LiME) presents a free 2 day UK Solidification Workshop on 9th & 10th April 2014 at Brunel University, Uxbridge.
As a national centre, the EPSRC Centre – LiME is determined to take the lead in rebuilding the UK solidification community, restoring its glory and to take it to a new height on the international stage. This Solidification Workshop is a specific action for rebuilding the UK solidification community. It forms part of the LiME’s outreach programme and has the following specific objectives:
• To bring together the solidification researchers from the higher education institutions, research organisations and industrial companies in the UK
• To promote collaboration between members of the solidification community
• To map out solidification research across the UK in terms of people, research activities and funding levels
• To develop a roadmap for rebuilding the UK solidification community.
The workshop will feature:
• Presentations from EPSRC, TSB and IOM3 on their perspectives on metallic material research in the UK
• Introduction to the EPSRC Centre – LiME
• Presentations from major UK solidification research groups to highlight their solidification research activities
• Presentations from the key UK industrial sectors on grand solidification challenges
• Net-working gala dinner and announcement of the outcome of LiME feasibility study competition
• Poster session to showcase specific research outcomes
• Panel-led discussion on the future of the UK solidification community.
We look forward to seeing you there.