Business and Management
- Accounting and Auditing
- Entrepreneurship, International Business and Innovation in Emerging Markets
- Information Systems Evaluation and Integration
- Operations and Supply Chain Systems
- Work and Organisation
- Able Children’s Education
- Education, Identities and Social Inclusion
- Pedagogy and Professional Practice
- International and Public Law
- Commercial Law
- Criminal Justice
- Family Law
- Human Rights
- Intellectual Property, Internet and Media
- Law and Religion
Economics and Finance
- Accounting and Corporate Governance
- Economic Development and Institutions
- Empirical Finance
Politics, International Relations & History
Sociology and Communications
Engineering & Design
- Design and human wellbeing
- Design and urban & environmental sustainability
- Design for the creative industries
- Electronic Systems
- Media Communications
- Power Systems
- Sensors and Instrumentation
- Wireless Networks and Communications
Materials and Manufacturing
- Advanced manufacturing technology, enterprise engineering and engineering management
- Advanced Solidification Technology
- Diamond-Like Carbon Coating Centre (DLC3)
- Materials from Renewable Resources
- Materials Processing
- Packaging Technology
Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering
- Advanced Powertrain and Fuels
- Aerospace Engineering
- Applied Mechanics and Biomedical Engineering
- Computational Mechanics
- Energy and Built Environment
- Engineering Dynamics
- Information and Knowledge Management
- Information Systems
- Intelligent Data Analysis
- People and Interactivity
- Systems and Synthetic Biology
Clinical & Life Sciences
- Institute for Ageing Studies
- Professional Practice
- Citizen Participation
- Research in Rehabilitation
- Child and Youth Research
- Human Geography
- Youth Work Studies
- Cell and Chromosome Biology
- Infection, Immunity and Disease Mechanisms
- Cancer Genetics and Pharmacogenomics
- Cognition and Neuroimaging
- Culture and Evolutionary Psychology
- Infant Behaviour
- Health and Well-being
Sport, Health and Exercise Sciences
University Research Centres and Interdisciplinary Research Centres
To enhance the University's reputation for quality research output and research training and build strategic relationships with other academic insititutions, funding councils, government and the private sector, special status is awarded to prestigious centres which have clearly demonstrated their interdisciplinarity and have also substantially enhanced the University's research base and research income.
Brunel Centre for Advanced Solidification Technology Advanced solidification processes for metallic materials.
Brunel Innovation Centre Acoustic waves and allied technologies.
Brunel Institute for Bioengineering Science and engineering for space, health care and industry.
Brunel Institute for Contemporary Middle Eastern Music Middle Eastern composers and musicians.
Experimental Techniques Centre Purpose built laboratories accommodating high resolution electron microscopes.
Health Economics Research Group Economic evaluation of clinical and health service technologies.
Institute for the Environment Tackling environmental problems in collaboration with industry.
Magna Carta Institute Analyse societies that balance personal freedom and authority.
Wolfson Centre Centre of Materials and Centre for Phosphors and Display Materials.