- Applied Mechanics and Biomedical Engineering
- Computational Mechanics Group (CMG)
- Aerospace Engineering Research
- Centre for Engineering Dynamics
- Centre for Advanced Powertrain and Fuels Research (CAPF)
- Centre for Energy and Built Environment Research (CEBER)
PhD student Ben Moxey
"There is great staff and great knowledge, something you don’t realise as an undergraduate is how much knowledge the lecturers actually have. You just think they’re a teacher but what they actually are is world renowned lecturers and researchers in their field. Great technician support as well, there are very old buildings at Brunel but the technicians do a great job of packing the research facilities that we need around the old buildings. You also get great support from all the other staff as well. I am lucky enough to be sponsored by the Thomas Gerald Gray Trust and they help give you not only financial support but I also get communication with my trustees as well, and a presentation once a year which just adds to the experience and the benefit as well".