Writing and Learning
In addition to the resources below, be sure to check the ASK Blackboard Learn section for links, handouts and e-lessons on all aspects of academic writing and study skills such as giving presentations, time management, research and exams.
Quick GuidesThe following are guides and learning modules accessible directly via this website. Check back as we are always adding new content!
- Tutorial: Working with feedback
- Tutorial: Time Management
- Quick Guide: Harvard Citation and Referencing
- Quick Guide: Writing Perfect Paragraphs
- Quick Guide: Proofreading Guide
- Video: What does it mean to write academically?
Useful Online Resources
- Academic Phrasebank: This resource offered by the University of Manchester provides an overview of academic writing suitable for any discipline.
- Assignment Survival Kit: Offered by the University of Kent, this resource allows you to plan a timetable for the completion of coursework or other assignments, and it provides you with valuable links and advice as well.
- Diagnostic Language Test: This test hosted by Oxford University Press will help you diagnose your grammar and language issues. Available for beginner, intermediate, and advanced levels.
- Exam Skills Tutorial: How well do you cope with exams? This tutorial from the University of Leeds can help you identify the areas you need to work on and develop strategies to tackle your weaknesses.