Help with CVs and applications
We have a large resource bank of information about creating CVs and completing applications including a range of examples to help you get started. We can also give you feedback and help you tailor your applications to meet the needs of employers and give you the best chance of success.
Offered by our team of Careers Consultants and designed for short discussions, Quick Query is available daily and you can book a time on the day that you would like to see a Consultant. These 15 minute appointments are on a one-to-one basis and, if you are unable to visit campus, we can also help you by email, 'phone or Skype. Typical discussion points include:
- CV, application or cover letter checks. You may find it helpful to look at our examples before you come along
- Course change and transfers
- Postgraduate study
- Gap year/work experience activities
- Ideas about what careers might suit you
Just a few things to remember:
- Bring a hard copy of anything you want to get checked
- Time slots are reserved on a 'first come, first served' basis so, if you are working to a deadline, you may like to contact us first thing on the day that you want an appointment
- Please let us know if you have any special needs and would like some help to make your visit to the PCC easier
About Quick Query appointments:
- Term-time: 11.30am-3.30pm Monday-Friday
- Vacation: 2.00-4.00pm Monday-Friday
- Sessions are covered on a rota basis and you can find out who is on duty in advance
If you have a specific inquiry about options related to your subject or would like help with in depth issues, you may find it more useful to book a longer appointment to see the Careers Consultant who is responsible for your subject.
How to book
To reserve a time, just contact us from 9.30am on the day you would like an appointment by:
- Visiting the Placement & Careers Centre, 1st Floor, Bannerman Centre, or
- Phoning the Careers Desk from 9:30am on +44 (0)1895 266840
Similar to Quick Query but specifically for those students currently looking for a sandwich placement, making an appointment to see a Placement and Internship Adviser couldn’t be easier – just drop in to the Placement and Careers Centre and sign up!