Research your future career - how do I do this?
Once you’ve done some general research into your career of interest, you may want to investigate your sector in a bit more detail. We’ve compiled some resources for you including useful websites, recruitment specialists and professional organisations.
It’s important to remember that these are more than just potential sources for vacancies; keeping informed about industry news will really help you when it comes to answering interview questions and preparing applications that stand out from the crowd.
Placement and Careers Centre (PCC)
Whether you are at the beginning of exploring your career options, or have a good idea about what you want to do, the PCC are here to help. For initial discussions you can come to Quick Query or if you need more time you can book an appointment direct with your Careers Consultant.
Our LibraryThing online resource enables you to browse the reference books available to use in the PCC. Just drop-in Monday-Friday 9.30am-4.45pm and browse the books available.
Sources for vacancies
- ARC (Actuarial Recruitment Company) Specialist recruitment agency - actuarial, risk management, catastrophe modelling
- Darwin Rhodes Specialist recruitment consultancy for actuarial, insurance and financial services markets
- Jobisjob Actuarial jobs, UK-wide
- The Actuary Journal for the actuarial profession. News and actuarial jobs
You may find vacancies here, but you can also use these links to increase your knowledge of your chosen job type.
- Institute of Actuaries Information about the actuarial profession