As part of our commitment to help widening participation students to develop essential employability skills and progress to graduate level jobs, we have obtained funding to offer a number of paid internships to our first year Widening Participation students.
Widening Participation is a government-funded initiative to increase the number of students from under-represented groups participating in higher education. In order to ensure their progression, retention and success the University’s Widening Participation team delivers a number of initiatives to support the students. This short term summer internship will build on the student’s academic experience and employability skills. We have been running successfully since 2014 and we are now looking for employers interested in taking part in the scheme for the summer of 2017.
Why offer an Internship?
- The intern can be engaged in a project that your established employees do not have time to do
- They are keen and eager to perform well, enthusiastic and motivated
- They will be studying an extensive range of courses
- They take initiative, ask questions, arrive on time and will benefit hugely from the experience
- They will be paid a bursary by Brunel University London
Student paid a bursary for 8 weeks at 35 hours per week (or any combination totalling 280 hours). Travel expenses to be reimbursed by the provider.
The internship is to take place between June and the middle of September 2017 (earlier start dates possible on discussion).
If you think that you can offer an internship to one of our students and would like to find out more, please contact Catherine Davies for an informal chat on 01895 268076 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.