Centre for the Analysis of Risk and Optimisation Modelling Applications
The Centre for the Analysis of Risk and Optimisation Modelling Applications
The Centre for the Analysis of Risk and Optimisation Modelling Applications is an interdisciplinary research centre which is supported by the strategic research initiative of Brunel University.The mission of CARISMA is to be a centre of excellence recognised for its research and scholarship in the following areas
- the analysis of risk
- optimisation modelling
- the combined paradigm of risk and return quantification
- financial engineering: asset and liability management, enhanced indexation, index tracking, pricing
- mathematical programming: linear, integer and stochastic programming
- metaheuristics: population heuristics, tabu search, variable neighbourhood search
- risk: especially within finance, value at risk
Within the London area, in the 2008 Research Assessment Exercise with respect to Statistics and Operational Research we were rated as the second best research department, equal to the London School of Economics, second to Imperial College.
Click here for a list of our research students.