The Division of Social Sciences and Communication at Brunel offers an exciting and empowering student experience. We are the highest rated research department of our size in the country, bringing together experts who understand social and political forces with specialists in communications in a vibrant and friendly environment. An overarching theme of our programmes is the changing nature of society and culture.
Here are a few reasons why you should study Sociology at Brunel University London:
- Sociology at Brunel is ranked 1st in London (The Guardian University Guide, 2018)
- You will examine contemporary issues such as the nature of media-generated ‘moral panics’ and the policing of the twittersphere
- As part of your assessment you’ll produce films, documentaries, journals and blogs
- Our Centre for Comedy Studies Research is supported by high-profile comedians including Jo Brand and Lee Mack
- Students have gained industrial placements at media companies including Deluxe Entertainment and the Disney Channel