ID Documents for students who live overseas (not in the UK)
As a part of your DBS application your identity needs to be confirmed. In order to do this you need to provide original identity documentation (photocopies are not accepted) to the Professional verifier, more information can be found below. If you are living in the UK, please refer to the Home students DBS criteria.
What documents do you need to provide?
You must provide 3 documents:
1 document from Group 1 and 2 further documents from Group 1, 2a or 2b, one of which must confirm your current address.
Document Group 1 Primary Trusted Identity Documents
- A current valid passport (any nationality)
- Biometric Residence Permit (UK)
Document Group 2A Trusted Government/State issued documents
- A current photo card driving licence - All countries (full or provisional), excluding UK/Isle of Man/Channel Islands/and EU
Document Group 2B Financial/Social History documents
The following documents must still be valid:
- Work Permit / VISA (UK), (Student Visa/Vignette)
- Brunel Offer Letter/Letter of sponsorship
- Bank statement - Must confirm current address and be issued within 3 months. The issuing bank must have branches in the U.K
Please note applicants not from EEA countries will be subject to further 'right to work' checks as evidenced by the ID documents they are asked to submit for the DBS application, this is inline with current Government guidelines.
If you are unable to provide sufficient documentation from the list, please contact the Admissions Office on 01895 265265 or email DBS@brunel.ac.uk