The aims for programme are:
- To support the mentee to support her employability and attain her full potential in the engineering profession
- To assist the mentee to build information about career direction
- To assist the mentee develop a network of key contacts
- Provide the mentee with an opportunity to increase confidence and familiarity with aspects of workplace culture
- Assist mentors to keep up to date with current knowledge within their field through contact with current university students
- Develop mutually beneficial relationships between the university, its students and the companies involved
You will need to complete the mentee profile form from which we will collect information that will help in matching you to a suitable industrial mentor. Deadline for your completed profile form is Wednesday 26 October 2016.
All female computing and engineering students above Level 1 are able to apply to join the scheme; however, in the event that there is a shortage of mentors, priority will be given to MSc students, Level 5 MEng and second year students. An important aspect of this mentoring scheme is that everyone receives appropriate training before matching. This ensures that both mentee and mentor gets the most out of the mentoring relationship.
Once you have been accepted on the programme you will be invited to attend one of the five opportunities for training in October. In addition, students are offered the opportunity to actively participate in visits to industry, speed networking events and several professional skills workshops and presentations.
What our mentees said about the 2015/16 mentoring scheme
66.7% advised that they had increased their industrial sector knowledge and 78.3% have increased their confidence. Initiative, enterprise and commercial awareness skills were also highlighted as having improved.
List of eligible courses
If you want to be considered for the WiBEC mentoring scheme contact:
Giselle Hayward - Mentoring Manager
Email: Giselle.email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Tel:+44 (0)1895 266343
Or complete the mentee profile form above.
Mentee Training – Once you have completed the profile form please register for one session of training. You must attend one training session to be matched to an industry mentor.
There are 5 possible sessions:
Wednesday 12 October
Wednesday 19 October
Thursday 20 October
Wednesday 26 October
Thursday 27 October
Our flagship event of the season This is Accenture is coming to Brunel on Monday 24 October at The Academy!
This is Accenture aims to inspire you to consider just how big the impact of technology and digital disruption is on the world. Whether you know what consulting and technology is all about and can’t wait to get involved, or if you want to find out more about it, our new event will give you the answers you’re looking for.
You will have the opportunity to:
- Take part in business and technology challenges
- Hear from some of our leaders
- Explore the qualities that make an Accenture career so special through a series of augmented reality experiences
- And of course, there will be plenty of complementary drinks and canapés
Date: Monday 24 October
Time: 18:15 – 20:00
Address: The Academy, Union Of Brunel Students, Cleveland Road, Uxbridge, Middlesex UB8 3PH
We look forward to seeing you there,
Accenture Graduate Recruitment
Women in Brunel Engineering and Computing Mentoring Programme
Site visit to:
Heathrow Airport Ltd, Hounslow
Wednesday 9th November 2016
Applications open on Thursday 20 October - only available for students who have registered to be mentored
Please note only the first 15 registrations will be offered a place after that, you will go on a waiting list